Laptop on Bed

November 04, 2011

Whether the story that I read is legitimate or not, I still gonna share it with you for purposes of being aware that laptop batteries get hot and some has mechanical defect and it shouldn't be left unattended plugged-in and sitting there in bed or any place sorrounded with blankets or anything of that kind. It's not limited to laptops, any electronic gadgets can cause harm if not properly use.
The story is about a 25 year old guy who died in a fire. It took several days of investigation to find out the cause of the fire. It was determined that the fire was caused by the laptop resting on the bed. When the laptop was on the bed cooling fan did not get the air to cool the computer and that is what caused the fire. He did not even wake up to get out of the bed because he died of breathing in carbon monoxide.
The information was kind incomplete, maybe the laptop might have left plugged-in, covered with comforter or blanket, there was a spark from a loose power cable and other incident of negligence. This is a wake up for all of us and we should make it a habit to turn off electronics if not in use or unattended and ensure that it's on the safest place.

0 Response to "Laptop on Bed"